We arrived in Darwin on the 18th of October, around 1500, after a perfect 17 hour sail. We had been hoping to get to Darwin in time to catch up with our boy Kye who was going to be there for his footy trip. As it happened we beat him there by about five hours. We anchored just out from Stokes Hill Wharf, put the dinghy in and headed to shore to check out some of our old haunts… and some new ones. We headed in to the new waterfront precinct and had a look at the new wave pool. We then stopped at an Irish pub for a cider before heading to Stocks Hill Wharf for dinner. We both had steaks for dinner at Crustaceans on the Wharf. We could hardly eat any of the steak; we filled up too quickly, our bodies are not use to red meat anymore. I ate all the veggies and took the steak home in a doggy bag!
After visiting the Tip of Australia we sailed around to Seisia and anchored in the bay. Seisia is a lovely spot, well worth stopping for a look around. We took the dinghy down to Loyalty Beach Campground where they have a beach bar. It is a great spot on the beach shaded by a huge tree. We sat there and enjoyed a drink while we chatted on the phone to our boys. The next day we hitched a ride into Bamaga. Dwayne was wondering why nobody would stop for him….. he looked like a bloody yobbo! Anyway we finally got a lift with a young lad, Calum, who works at the servo…
- Tongariro Northern Circuit – A New Zealand Great Walk!
- Art Deco Festival – Absolutely Fabulous!
- Sea Walls – Napier’s Spectacular Street Art!
- 8 Stunning Island Destinations You Will Want To Visit!
- Unlikely Heroes get Tough with Trash in Paradise!
- How to get around Bangkok on a budget!
- 2016 Our Awesome Year!
- 5 things you must know about Pattaya!
- 17 Free Things To Do In Kuala Lumpur
- 11 Free Things to do In Penang!
- Penang’s Must-See Street Art!
- 7 Incredible Reasons to Visit Laos!
Thank you for visiting!
Join the crew and get free email updates. But don't worry, we promise not to bombard your inbox with too much awesome stuff!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously