In this post I will briefly tell you about the destinations we visited and give you links to the full post on each. I will also include the accommodation we stayed in and the transport we chose, as well as visa and currency information, and cultural information, including food and tips on visiting pagodas.
Seeing Mandalay with such a friendly local was fabulous… but what made our time in Mandalay so special? Was it the temples, monastery, school visit or refreshing waterfall? Or was it something else entirely?
There are so many unique experiences to be had in the township of Nyuang Shwe where Inle Lake is situated – both on the lake and around the lake. The 10 things we experienced at Nyuang Shwe (and although there is more to do in the area we believe these 10 activities will make your stay all the more enjoyable) included a cooking class, wine tasting and lake tour with weaving, hand rolling cigars and silversmith.
As soon as I tasted the Burmese tea leaf salad I knew I wanted to learn how to make it. When we were visiting Inle Lake, in the township of Nyaung Shwe (Shan State), we decided we’d do a cooking class. We chose Bamboo Delight Cooking School and we were not disappointed. Exquisite food and exceptional value for money!
It is hard to put Bagan into words. Therefore, I will write what I can and hope that my photos can convey the essence of Bagan in place of seductive narrative! Bagan is home to 2,200 temples and stupas and is famous for its vista’s of these endless pagodas, particularly at sunrise and sunset.
Yangon, formerly known as Rangoon, is the largest city in Myanmar, which was once known as Burma. Upon arrival every one of our senses was set whirling. The city is chaotic but not disorderly. It is dirty, but at the same time colourful and charming. Noise of the car horns filled our ears and the aroma of cooking foods our nose. A flurry of activity surrounds the street vendors and markets, and crossing a road was exactly like playing the old arcade game Frogger.
- South Australian Aviation Museum – 100 Years of Aviation History!
- South Australian Maritime Museum – A Journey Back in Time!
- Mega Adventure Sky Challenge – Have you got what it takes?!
- 6 Mouth-Watering Balinese Street Foods
- 7 Extraordinarily Cheap Things to do Around Munduk, Bali
- 7 Beautiful Bali Waterfalls Worth Visiting!
- Peace Haven Langkawi – A Review
- Don’t Buy Into Barbaric Animal Tourism!
- A Comprehensive Guide to Myanmar
- What Made Mandalay So Special For Us?
- 10 Experiences to make your Lake Inle Trip Awesome!
- One Delightful Burmese Cooking Class
Thank you for visiting!
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for all the latest news and more!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously!