Our first year cruising outside of Australian waters has included Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam. Some countries we sailed to and others we flew to; we even rode into one and caught a bus into another. This blog is a recap of our journey in 2015….. Thank you to all our followers. I hope you will continue to cruise with us in 2016, and that I will be able to carry on entertaining and informing you about the wonderful, exciting and sometimes bewildering places we visit.
Vietnam was on my bucket list of places to visit and it didn’t disappoint. My favourite part of Vietnam?… Easy, the people. I found the Vietnamese people to be very welcoming and friendly. Second favourite thing… the food! Delicious noodle soups, meat filled baguettes and fresh wrap-it-yourself spring rolls. During our travels, we spent a lot of time eating where the locals eat, thus we engineered plenty of opportunities in which meeting, and interacting with, the local Vietnamese people was a forgone conclusion. What was not a forgone conclusion however, was how much we enjoyed their company and them ours.
As we crossed the Cambodian – Vietnamese border we were tired from our long ride, however the anticipation of new adventures kept our spirits up. Exploring Vietnam on a Motorbike was, undoubtedly, going to be as exciting, and as colourful, as our exploration of Cambodia. We were looking forward to every new experience…. and then we reached the outskirts of Ho Chi Ming City! Our excitement flagged a little as we hit the horrendous traffic. In Vietnam there are 37 million motorbikes…. Ho Chi Ming City must have 36 million of them! Seriously! The traffic in HCMC was horrendous. We were exhausted and we hadn’t booked accommodation ahead of time. We needed a bar with free wifi!
- 7 Beautiful Bali Waterfalls Worth Visiting!
- Peace Haven Langkawi – A Review
- Don’t Buy Into Barbaric Animal Tourism!
- A Comprehensive Guide to Myanmar
- What Made Mandalay So Special For Us?
- 10 Experiences to make your Lake Inle Trip Awesome!
- One Delightful Burmese Cooking Class
- A Quick Guide to the Mystical Pagodas of Bagan!
- Step Back in Time with a Visit to Yangon!
- 10 Things to do in the Picturesque Seaside Town of Ahuriri
- Tongariro Northern Circuit – A New Zealand Great Walk!
- Art Deco Festival – Absolutely Fabulous!
Thank you for visiting!
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter for all the latest news and more!
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
We respect your privacy and take protecting it seriously!